Hue city is the former capital of final Nguyen Dynasty in Vietnam. It is famous for a long history, traditional culture and ancient temples. The journey to Hue city cannot be perfect if tourists miss the chance to visit Hue Citadel, the excursion on Huong River or come to cultural, historical and religious relics. Now be ready for your trip to this beautiful city with top most attractive destinations below.
1. Hue Imperial City (The Citadel)Hue Imperial City was built in the Western architecture combining with Eastern citadel architecture by Gia Long King in 1965 and completed by Minh Mang King in 1832. Inside the structure are many citadels, palaces and buildings of the Royal.
|Hue Imperial City with the architecture of both Western and Eastern style|
2. Unique Imperial MausoleumsThe tombs of kings under Nguyen Dynasty are diverse in architecture, partly reflecting thoughts, aesthetic perspectives and personality of each king. Although Nguyen Dynasty had 13 kings, only 7 mausoleums are constructed due to economic and political reasons: Gia Long, Minh Mang, Thieu Tri, Tu Duc, Dong Khanh, Duc Duc, Khai Dinh Tombs.
|The main part of Khai Dinh Mausoleum|
3. Thien Mu PagodaBlending with the beauty of Huong River and Ngu Mountain, Thien Mu Pagoda has been the famous temple of Hue city. It has come into mind of Hue people, embellished and attached to this city for a very long time.
|Thien Mu Pagoda - the most renowned temple in Hue city|
4. Vong Canh HillFrom Vong Canh Hill, travelers can see the green orchards with oranges, tangerines, logan…intermingling with pine trees, grey tile roofs of antique temples and tombs.
|The scenery viewed from Vong Canh Hill|
5. Ngu Mountain (Ngu Binh)Along with Huong River, Ngu Mountain is the priceless gift of nature of Hue city. With 105m in height, this mountain is considered an ideal place to have an entire view of the city.
|The majestic and peaceful beauty of Ngu Mountain|
6. The enchanting Huong RiverBeing the large river flowing through Hue city, Huong River is well-known with the extremely poetic beauty. It is winding amidst mountains, forests and tree hills, bringing the aroma of tropical herbs.
|The sunset over poetic Huong River|
Certainly, five destinations above are not all landscapes you can visit in Hue city – one of the most beautiful cities in Vietnam. But if you don’t have much time to stay here, don’t forget to reach these five tourist spots because they are really the soul of Hue. Have fun with your trip!